Inspiring Quotes about Moving and Change
Relocation is definitely a huge step in your life, especially if you are going to another city or somewhere far away. Changing the environment, habits, familiar faces and places for something totally new and unpredictable is challenging. But with the help of strong and inspiring quotes about moving, that change doesn’t have to be so hard for you. We are intrigued by different cultures and traditions, different lifestyles and unfamiliar sceneries. So, relocation can also inspire us for the better, even if at first it seems difficult and stressful. But there is always a quote that people have compiled out of their own inspiration and experience that will help you stay positive even in the most challenging times.
Browse and Explore the Best Topics and Quotes About Moving from HomeTo start with Buddha: You can only lose what you cling to. So true, since we tend to keep things the same, even though change is often good and the world changes all the time. Clinging to stuff will not make us happier if we cannot find inner beauty and meaning in everything that life offers. Even if the change involves something bad or sad, it has a goal of teaching us to deal with setbacks and accept the downs along with the ups. After all, to reach the ups, we need to know the downs, too. We should keep in mind that it is not about how many times we fall, but about how many times we stood up after that and prevailed. Time heals everything, from the trivial loss of belongings or business failures to the loss of the loved ones or betrayals. So you need to learn to let go, as holding on to past mistakes and pains will only hold you back and prevent you from changing for the better. Or, to put it the way Winston Churchill sees it: “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Feel Better at Work With a Quote to Keep You CompanyStarting your workday with an inspiring citation can help you be more productive at your job. When you’ve moved away, it can be hard to think about work when you’ve left everything behind. But, as Lyndon B. Johnson said, “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” Probably the most popular and universal quote is attributed to Dan Fogelberg, an American musician, songwriter, composer, and multi-instrumentalist: “Lessons learned are like bridges burned, you only need to cross them but once”, followed by: “Is the knowledge gained worth the price of the pain?” That should be our motto. But there is more than one valuable quote that can inspire us and lead as ahead.
- “Let him that would move the world first move himself.” – Socrates
- “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
- “Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “Follow your own path and let people talk.” – Dante
- “All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.” – Rosa Luxemburg
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Tao Te Ching
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
Fill Your Day with Recent QuotesA good way to start your day is by taking a look at some interesting insights about the ever-changing nature of life from famous contemporary writers, musicians, and actors. Here are some that will help you stay motivated.
- “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” – Billy Idol
- “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet…” – Rachel Wolchin
- “Change is a great and horrible thing, and people love it or hate it at the same time. Without change, however, you just don’t move.” – Marc Jacobs
- “The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”– Steve Maraboli
- “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
- “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
- “Life moves on and so should we” – Spencer Johnson
- “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward” – Erika Taylor
- “Even a rock moves on.” – Anthony Liccione